Creedence Clearwater Revival frontman John Fogerty is planning a sequel of sorts to his 1973 roots-and-country covers album Blue Ridge Rangers. Fogerty, along with producer T-Bone Burnett, will release The Return of the Blue Ridge Rangers at some point in 2009, but as opposed to the original album, Fogerty this time will be surrounded by musicians instead of going it alone. "I've known for years that if I ever did a Blue Ridge Rangers album again I sure didn't want to play all the instruments," Fogerty told Billboard, "I had long felt that was probably something that was wrong with the first album." The new album was recorded in a span of ten days in Santa Monica, with Fogerty and Burnett recording 15 songs from a list of 40 they comprised. While the CCR remains quiet about which songs are covered this time around, he revealed that there will be a Merle Haggard tune on Return. Additionally, 2009 will also see the release of Fogerty's Comin' Down the Road, a live DVD documenting his first-ever performance at London's Royal Albert Hall from earlier this year.
John Fogerty Plots Return of the "Blue Ridge Rangers"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic14 Recent Pop Songs That Are Basically the Same Song
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- What the Trump and Cosby Allegations Reveal About Rape Culture
- Puscifer Announce New Album, Premiere Epic 'Grand Canyon' Song and Video
- Dave Grohl, Reed Mullin Explain Punk Supergroup Teenage Time Killers
- 'Kids': The Oral History of the Most Controversial Film of the Nineties
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch U2 Play 'Two Hearts Beat as One' Live for First Time in 26 Years
- Watch Tom Cruise Channel Meat Loaf, the Weeknd in 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Seth Rogen Ruin Christmas in 'Night Before' Redband Trailer