To celebrate the release of the Jeff Buckley live collection Grace Around the World and mark the 15th anniversary of the singer-songwriter's legendary sole studio album Grace, Moby, Duncan Sheik and Buckley's mother have recorded a special series of podcasts. The series looks back at Buckley's journey from playing New York City clubs to stardom to his tragic sudden death in 1997. Download the first episode right here on Rock Daily, and pick up the rest on Jeff Buckley's official Website as they become available.
Grace Around the World, which is due June 2nd, culls together unreleased live performances from Buckley's trips around the world in 1994 and '95. The standard edition features a DVD and CD of all the performances, while the deluxe version will also include the documentary Amazing Grace: Jeff Buckley. The package was executive produced by Buckley's mother, Mary Guilbert.
Buckley's popularity has experienced a renaissance of late, thanks in part to his version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" being covered by Jason Castro on the seventh season of American Idol. Buckley's version rocketed to the top of the iTunes sales chart in March 2008, and the singer was also the top-selling international catalog artist in France in 2008, more than a decade after his untimely death.
Check out the track list for the CD version of Grace Around the World:
1. "Grace" (BBC Late Show, London, 1/17/95)
2. "So Real" (Live Aus Dem Sudbahnhof tv, Frankfurt, Germany, 2/24/95)
3. "Mojo Pin" (Live Aus Dem Sudbahnhof tv, Frankfurt, Germany, 2/24/95)
4. "What Will You Say" (Live Aus Dem Sudbahnhof tv, Frankfurt, Germany, 2/24/95)
5. "Hallelujah" (MTV Japan, 1/31/95)
6. "Dream Brother" (Howlin Wolf, New Orleans, 12/2/94)
7. "Eternal Life" (MTV's Most Wanted, London, 3/3/95)
8. "Last Goodbye" (MTV's Most Wanted, London, 3/3/95)
9. "Lover You Should Have Come Over" (JBTV Chicago, 11/8/94)
10. "Lilac Wine" (MTV Europe, Eurokeenes Festival, Belfort, France, 7/9/95)
11. "Grace" (MTV's 120 Minutes, USA, 01/15/95)
12. "So Real" (MTV's 120 Minutes, USA, 01/15/95)
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus