Jay-Z has quietly launched his next venture, a new record label called StarRoc. For the label, Jay will team up with Norwegian production duo Stargate, the masterminds behind Rihanna's "Take A Bow" and Ne-Yo's "So Sick." The record label is only one facet of the huge 360 deal Jay signed with concert giant Live Nation. Merchandise, tours and a music-publishing arm are all involved in the deal that netted Jigga $150 million. The new label will make its headquarters at Hova's Roc the Mic recording studio in Manhattan, and will both release new Jay-Z albums as well as develop new talent. Under the terms of StarRoc, the label is a 50/50 partnership between Jay-Z and Stargate.
Jay-Z, Stargate Hook Up For New Label StarRoc
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'