Yesterday, RollingStone.com caught up with eclectic singer-songwriter Jason Mraz, who is preparing for the release of his excellent new album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things. We asked him to test his mettle at this week's Almost Impossible Rock Quiz, and he graciously obliged. He was confident, but when the scores came back he was frustrated and appalled. While he knew which comedian is sampled on EMF's "Unbelievable" and which member of the Rolling Stones released a solo project called I've Got My Own Album To Do, his knowledge of Big Brother and the Holding Company album covers and versions of "Black Magic Woman" was not up to snuff. He was most frustrated by the question about the members of Tom Tom Club. "I thought I knew that one for sure!" he said, though he was only half right. We offered him half a point, but his pride wouldn't allow it. Still, Mraz scored a 4 (out of 10), earning him the title of "Whiz." Want to see how you stack up against Jason Mraz? Take the weekly Almost Impossible Rock Quiz here.
Jason Mraz Takes the Almost Impossible Rock and Roll Quiz
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Blame Chance': Kanye West Explains 'Life of Pablo' Album Delay
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- The Ten Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- 6 Spectacularly Sad NBA Slam Dunk Contest Moments
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- Surviving Doors, Alt-Rock Royalty Light Up L.A. Celebration for Ray Manzarek