When Rock Daily brought you news that Jane's Addiction would reunite to receive the NME's Godlike Genius Award at the magazine's April 23rd ceremony in Los Angeles, whether or not the group would perform was still up on the air. Tonight, though, comes confirmation that the band will indeed take the stage — with original bassist Eric Avery. "I've chosen to reject the prospects of reuniting in the past for personal and philosophical reasons," Avery says in a statement. "I have always considered reunions to be a way to make a quick buck, and it sells short my own experience of it the first time around. The reason I started to even consider this is because it's honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it." It'll be Avery's first performance with Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins since 1991. As of now, the gig is being billed as "one night only" so don't expect to see the original Jane's at Lollapalooza this summer — yet.
Jane's Addiction Reunion Gig (With Eric Avery) Confirmed
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Slipknot Tease 'Dangerous' Summer Tour: 'It's Scary'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Lil Boosie Gets Real: MC on Prison, Protests and 'Classic' New LP
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Iggy Azalea on Canceled Tour: 'I Just Deserve a Break'