When Rock Daily brought you news that Jane's Addiction would reunite to receive the NME's Godlike Genius Award at the magazine's April 23rd ceremony in Los Angeles, whether or not the group would perform was still up on the air. Tonight, though, comes confirmation that the band will indeed take the stage — with original bassist Eric Avery. "I've chosen to reject the prospects of reuniting in the past for personal and philosophical reasons," Avery says in a statement. "I have always considered reunions to be a way to make a quick buck, and it sells short my own experience of it the first time around. The reason I started to even consider this is because it's honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it." It'll be Avery's first performance with Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins since 1991. As of now, the gig is being billed as "one night only" so don't expect to see the original Jane's at Lollapalooza this summer — yet.
Jane's Addiction Reunion Gig (With Eric Avery) Confirmed
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Lil Wayne Sues Cash Money for $51 Million
- ‘Ghostbusters' Reboot Sets All-Female Cast, Release Date
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext
- Sundance 2015: Brett Morgen on Cobain, Courtney and 'Montage of Heck'
- Jason Hall: Why I Wrote 'American Sniper'