An unreleased Jackson 5 single titled "That's How Love Is" that features a young Michael Jackson is streaming at the group's official Website now. The song, which was also released to iTunes yesterday, will be part of an upcoming Jackson 5 compilation called I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters, a 12-song collection featuring never-before-released material and "unique alternate versions" of J5 hits. I Want You Back! is out November 10th.
According to Billboard, "That's How Love Is" was written and produced by the Corporation, a team of Motown songwriters — including Berry Gordy — that also penned the Jackson 5's "ABC" and "I Want You Back." Original Motown engineer Russ Terrana remixed "That's How Love Is" for the release. Other songs on the set include a version of Stevie Wonder's "Buttercup" and an alternate version of "ABC."
The next few months should see the release of plenty of unheard Michael Jackson material: In addition to I Want You Back!, as Rolling Stone previously reported, the soundtrack for the King of Pop's upcoming film This Is It will be released on October 27th. The two-CD will reportedly feature a handful of unreleased Jackson songs, including "This Is It" (the single is out October 12th) and a spoken word piece called "Planet Earth." Next week will also see the release of The Jackson 5 Ultimate Christmas Collection.
Track list for I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters:
1. "Medley: I Want You Back/ABC/The Love You Save (Alternate version)"
2. "That's How Love Is"
3. "Listen I'll Tell You How"
4. "Man's Temptation"
5. "Never Can Say Goodbye (Alternate version)"
6. "Love Comes In Different Flavors"
7. "ABC (Alternate Version)"
8. "Love Call"
10. "Lucky Day"
11. "I'll Try You'll Try (Maybe We'll All Get By)"
12. "Dancing Machine (Alternate Version)"
• New Michael Jackson Soundtrack Single "This Is It" Out October 12th
• Michael Jackson Left Hard Drives of New Songs, '80s Recordings
• Video of Michael Jackson Singing "Human Nature" From "This Is It" Film Revealed