Despite "Iron Man" containing one of heavy metal's most recognizable guitar riffs -- courtesy of Black Sabbath's mighty mustachioed guitarist, Tony Iommi -- one shouldn't read too much into the song's lyrics, which appear to be about a doomed part-human/part-machine time traveler. "We smoked a lot of dope, so that might be why some of the lyrics are a bit unusual," Iommi recounted in his autobiography. "Like 'Iron Man,' which came from a comic about a robot which became alive." The song continues to resonate in the decades since it was first released: A live version won a Grammy Award in 2000 and could be heard in the end credits of the 2008 action movie about the comic-book superhero of the same name.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- See Jimmy Fallon and Kelly Clarkson Harmonize the History of Duets
- Metallica Kick Off Reissue Project With 'No Life 'Til Leather' Cassette
- Watch the Short That Inspired 'Whiplash'
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Mumford & Sons Talk Going Electric on New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- My Morning Jacket Detail New Album 'The Waterfall,' Plot U.S. Tour