The Indiana State Fair stage collapse is likely to claim its seventh victim this afternoon. Meaghan Toothman, a 24-year-old woman, is still on life support but is scheduled for surgery later today to have her organs harvested.
"Late last night it became apparent that our Meagan was no longer with us," Toothman's family said in a statement earlier today. "The decision was made to allow her to be at peace. This afternoon she is scheduled for a surgery that will provide gifts of sight, health, and life to dozens who are in need."
Five concertgoers died in the immediate aftermath of the stage collapse at the Sugarland concert on August 13th. A sixth victim died on Friday.
• At Least Three Dead in Belgian Stage Collapse
• Stage Collapse at Indiana State Fair Kills Five, Injures Dozens
• Indiana Stage Collapse Tragedy Was Preventable, Expert Says
• Video: Flaming Lips' Stage Collapses in Oklahoma
• Cheap Trick Survives Stage Collapse in Canada
• Cheap Trick Manager: 'I Can't Believe We're Alive'
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus