Through the years, an urban legend -- repeated in the Eminem song "Stan" -- maintained that this moody number was about a preventable drowning Collins had witnessed at sea. But in reality, this song, along with his entire debut album, was inspired by a split with his wife. "If I hadn't gotten divorced, I never would have written it," he told Rolling Stone. Known for its drum outburst, which was suggested by Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, it established the Genesis frontman as a solo act. In adition, the song got a significant bump from appearing on the Miami Vice premiere.
In the Air Tonight
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Men's JournalThe Controversial True Story Behind 'American Sniper'
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Mic12 Stunning Photos Offer a Rare Look Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Marijuana Officially Legal in Washington, D.C. (For Now)
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- Aerosmith Talk 45 Years of 'Kicking Ass' Onstage
- Lady Gaga to Star in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'