Despite a season-long ratings drop, last night's season-ending episode of American Idol kept pace with last season's finale as 31.7 million viewers tuned in to watch the final round of Archuleta vs. Cook. Meanwhile, David Cook is already enjoying his victory lap on iTunes where his first post-Idol single "The Time of My Life" has already rocketed to the number one position on their Top Songs list. Collective Soul have a debt to pay to Cook as their "The World I Know," the last song Cook performed on Tuesday night, is also charting. In other post-finale news, the details of the Jordin Sparks-endorsed DisneyWorld attraction "The American Idol Experience" have surfaced. Opening in January 2009, it will allow participants to perform in mock auditions, with each day's best singer winning a "Dream Ticket" that will allow them to audition for Idol without having to wait in lines.
"Idol" Ratings on Par; Cook Tops iTunes Charts; Disney Details
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Charged With Third-Degree Murder
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard Releases New LP as Thunderbitch
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch French Train Hero Recount Gunman Encounter on 'Fallon'
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Read Kanye West's Blunt, Poignant VMA Video Vanguard Award Speech