According to a recent poll, Carrie Underwood was voted the all-time most popular American Idol winner, grabbing 54 percent of the vote to beat out second-place finisher Kelly Clarkson. The poll also focused on the current season of AI, which will wrap up this week. If you're looking at this poll to predict this season's American Idol winner, you're out of luck: both David Archuleta's version of "Imagine" and David Cook's Chris Cornell-ified cover of "Billie Jean" tied for the season's best performance with 35 percent of the vote. On the flip side, Jason Castro's half-baked version of Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" was voted the season's worst performance, while the recently dismissed Castro also won the award for this season's "Most Overrated Contestant." Michael Johns was voted losing contestant most likely to still have a successful career, and a whopping 63 percent felt that Idol contestants with a previous record contract (a la Carly Smithson) should not be allowed to compete on the show.
"Idol" Poll Reveals Carrie Underwood "Most Popular," Jason Castro "Most Overrated"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Booting Ass and Taking Names: Country's 20 Best Revenge Songs
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- Bernie Worrell, Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist, Dead at 72