According to a recent poll, Carrie Underwood was voted the all-time most popular American Idol winner, grabbing 54 percent of the vote to beat out second-place finisher Kelly Clarkson. The poll also focused on the current season of AI, which will wrap up this week. If you're looking at this poll to predict this season's American Idol winner, you're out of luck: both David Archuleta's version of "Imagine" and David Cook's Chris Cornell-ified cover of "Billie Jean" tied for the season's best performance with 35 percent of the vote. On the flip side, Jason Castro's half-baked version of Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man" was voted the season's worst performance, while the recently dismissed Castro also won the award for this season's "Most Overrated Contestant." Michael Johns was voted losing contestant most likely to still have a successful career, and a whopping 63 percent felt that Idol contestants with a previous record contract (a la Carly Smithson) should not be allowed to compete on the show.
"Idol" Poll Reveals Carrie Underwood "Most Popular," Jason Castro "Most Overrated"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Salon9 Actors Who Have Done Full-Frontal Nude Scenes
Cracked23 Bizarre Demands Celebrities Have Made Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
- My Favorite Grateful Dead Song: Dave Matthews, Black Keys and More
- Why Baltimore Blew Up
- Inside Julian Casablancas' Post-Apocalyptic New Video 'Human Sadness'
- Blink-182 Inch Toward 'Friendly Divorce' From Tom DeLonge
- Watch U2 Perform 'Sweetest Thing' With Bono Impersonator
- Florence Welch on Stripping Down at Coachella and Fooling Neil Young
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Late-Night TV Hosts of All Time
- 13 Best and Worst Modern-Horror Movie Remakes