Whitney Houston's voice made the song a smash hit, but it was "How Will I Know" songwriters Shannon Rubicam and George Merrill who crafted this tale of those seeking something special in a relationship. "Once again, inspiration was drawn from one of those dilemmas single people often experience, that twilight restlessness that washes in when you don't want to spend another evening alone and are longing for real love," Rubicam said. The songwriting team handed the demo to record label honcho Clive Davis and told him if he didn't like it, they'd record it for themselves. To Davis' credit, that didn't happen.
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- Hear Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' Sung in 20 Different Styles
- Grateful Dead's Goodbye, Night Two: Chemistry Lost, Cash-Grabs Abound
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl
- Paul McCartney Talks Nixed 'McCartney/Lennon' Songwriting Credit