DJ Shadow puts a lot of thought into his albums, and the process was no different for the Bay Area beatmaker's 2011 release The Less You Know, The Better. The track "I'm Excited," which features U.K. rapper Afrikan Boy as a guest vocalist, was one of the last Shadow wrote, and he considers it to be a "middle finger" to the rest of the album. "At that point, I'm tired of working my ass off and sweating every little split second," he said. "So I make something in a day-and-a-half that totally gets all my emotions out, something cathartic that I can have fun with. That’s what 'I'm Excited' is."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Bill O'Reilly: Why Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders 'Are the Same Guy'