"I've gotten tired of rock & roll sounds," Jim James told Rolling Stone, about making My Morning Jacket's eclectic fifth album, Evil Urges. "But I like that there's a song like 'I'm Amazed' where anybody who's seen us live over the years can get into." Released at a time when America was fighting two wars in the Middle East and facing a recession, the song captures in its lyrics the nation's politically divided climate. Among the things that amaze MMJ: a divided nation, a wrong devotion, the things TV stations want us to believe and all that has been.
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic