While recording this song about a guy seeking a rebound, the Beach Boys were repeatedly interrupted by Murray Wilson, father to band members Brian, Dennis and Carl. As heard on tapes that surfaced on bootlegs, a clearly intoxicated Murray--claiming "I'm a genius, too" --condescendingly tells the band how to perform the song. The awkward argument that ensued between Murray and Brian revealed their strained father-son relationship. "I think the father did nothing but hinder them," producer Nick Venet told Rolling Stone, "but I think he assumed a lot of credit."
Help Me, Rhonda
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Why Is This Man Still in Jail?