While recording this song about a guy seeking a rebound, the Beach Boys were repeatedly interrupted by Murray Wilson, father to band members Brian, Dennis and Carl. As heard on tapes that surfaced on bootlegs, a clearly intoxicated Murray--claiming "I'm a genius, too" --condescendingly tells the band how to perform the song. The awkward argument that ensued between Murray and Brian revealed their strained father-son relationship. "I think the father did nothing but hinder them," producer Nick Venet told Rolling Stone, "but I think he assumed a lot of credit."
Help Me, Rhonda
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
Vibe#DumpTrump: 20 Celebrities Who Have Spoken Out Against Donald Trump
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
- Hillary Clinton's New Anti-Trump Ad Misses the Mark
- See 'Game of Thrones' Star Emilia Clarke Sing 'Mmmbop' in Dothraki
- Dead & Company on Summer Tour: 'You Couldn't Turn Your Back on This Music'
- Watch 'Game of Thrones' Creators 'Apologize' for Hodor
- Watch Pink's Brooding Cover of Jefferson Airplane's 'White Rabbit'
- Watch Blake Shelton Eat Sushi for the First Time on 'Fallon'
- System of a Down's Serj Tankian on Bernie Sanders: 'I'm Rooting for Him'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs