When Kurt Cobain's suicide brought a sudden end to Nirvana in April of 1994, few people imagined that the band's drummer would go on to become one of the most successful rock stars of the next two decades. Most people had never even heard him talk, let alone play guitar and sing. But in the months following Cobain's death Dave Grohl recorded a demo tape under the name Foo Fighters; later, he recruited Germs guitarist Pat Smear and the rhythm section from Sunny Deal Real Estate and began touring clubs. The project took off in a huge way, and now the Foo Fighters pack far larger venues than Nirvana ever played. With Grohl's documentary, Sound City, now out, we asked our readers to vote on their 10 favorite Foo Fighters songs. Here are the results.
Hear Readers' 10 Favorite Foo Fighters Songs
Picks include 'Best of You,' 'The Pretender' and 'Monkey Wrench'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Screen Rant5 Movies That Killed Actors’ Careers
DiffuserThe Strangest Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
- 25 Worst Original Names of Famous Bands
- Puscifer Announce New Album, Premiere Epic 'Grand Canyon' Song and Video
- Watch U2 Play 'Two Hearts Beat as One' Live for First Time in 26 Years
- See Hunter S. Thompson Talk Hell's Angels in Newly Animated Interview
- In the Age of Trump, Will Democrats Sell Out More, Or Less?
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Dave Grohl, Reed Mullin Explain Punk Supergroup Teenage Time Killers
- Watch Tom Cruise Channel Meat Loaf, the Weeknd in 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Birdman Breaks Silence on Lil Wayne Drama