When Kurt Cobain's suicide brought a sudden end to Nirvana in April of 1994, few people imagined that the band's drummer would go on to become one of the most successful rock stars of the next two decades. Most people had never even heard him talk, let alone play guitar and sing. But in the months following Cobain's death Dave Grohl recorded a demo tape under the name Foo Fighters; later, he recruited Germs guitarist Pat Smear and the rhythm section from Sunny Deal Real Estate and began touring clubs. The project took off in a huge way, and now the Foo Fighters pack far larger venues than Nirvana ever played. With Grohl's documentary, Sound City, now out, we asked our readers to vote on their 10 favorite Foo Fighters songs. Here are the results.
Hear Readers' 10 Favorite Foo Fighters Songs
Picks include 'Best of You,' 'The Pretender' and 'Monkey Wrench'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Men's Journal10 Things You See in Porn that Don't Happen in Real Life
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Twisted Sister Allow Donald Trump to Use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'
- The Beatles' 'Anthology 1' at 20: Fab Four's Finest Early Rarities