When Kurt Cobain's suicide brought a sudden end to Nirvana in April of 1994, few people imagined that the band's drummer would go on to become one of the most successful rock stars of the next two decades. Most people had never even heard him talk, let alone play guitar and sing. But in the months following Cobain's death Dave Grohl recorded a demo tape under the name Foo Fighters; later, he recruited Germs guitarist Pat Smear and the rhythm section from Sunny Deal Real Estate and began touring clubs. The project took off in a huge way, and now the Foo Fighters pack far larger venues than Nirvana ever played. With Grohl's documentary, Sound City, now out, we asked our readers to vote on their 10 favorite Foo Fighters songs. Here are the results.
Hear Readers' 10 Favorite Foo Fighters Songs
Picks include 'Best of You,' 'The Pretender' and 'Monkey Wrench'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'