The Traveling Wilburys formed spontaneously one day at Bob Dylan’s house in Malibu, California, where George Harrison had invited his pals Tom Petty and Roy Orbison to help him and producer Jeff Lynne record a B side for his just-released Cloud Nine. “Jeff and George roughed out the music in the afternoon, and Bob actually barbecued chicken for us,” Petty remembered. “While we ate, we all sat around throwing lines out, got the lyric done, sang it and cut the track. And that became ‘Handle With Care.’ George came up with the title from a road case.” They hadn’t recorded a B side, they’d cut a hit – and become a band.
Handle With Care
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig