The Traveling Wilburys formed spontaneously one day at Bob Dylan’s house in Malibu, California, where George Harrison had invited his pals Tom Petty and Roy Orbison to help him and producer Jeff Lynne record a B side for his just-released Cloud Nine. “Jeff and George roughed out the music in the afternoon, and Bob actually barbecued chicken for us,” Petty remembered. “While we ate, we all sat around throwing lines out, got the lyric done, sang it and cut the track. And that became ‘Handle With Care.’ George came up with the title from a road case.” They hadn’t recorded a B side, they’d cut a hit – and become a band.
Handle With Care
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- Kanye West Drops Non-'Pablo' Song '30 Hours,' Adds to Album Track List
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'
- Watch Henry Rollins Recall Terrifying Acid Trip Nightmare
- 15 Great Grammy Tribute Performances