Guitar Hero is set to go all Rock Band, as the mega-popular video game is adding drums and vocals for the upcoming Guitar Hero: World Tour. The game's new guitar will feature a touch pad that allows note sliding, and the ax will larger, nearly replicating the size of an actual guitar. The drum kit is more sophisticated than the existing Rock Band model — the drums are wider in diameter, touch sensitive (so hitting harder produces a louder note) and include dual adjustable cymbals. Van Halen, Linkin Park and the Foo Fighters are among the initial artists that will have playable songs. Plus, players will be able to make their own music tracks (without vocals) by starting with premade bass or drum loops, then using the various instruments to play with tempo, pitch and sustaining notes. For more details on the characters and the Music Creator feature, check out IGN's preview.
"Guitar Hero" Sequel Adds New Guitar, Drums and Vocals
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Mental Floss15 Things You Didn’t Know About 'The Godfather'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- 'Uncharted 4' Director Neil Druckmann on Nathan Drake, Sexism in Games
- Motley Crue's Tommy Lee: The Exit Interview
- See Blake Shelton Sing Bitter 'She's Got a Way With Words' on 'Ellen'
- Paul McCartney: 'I Was Depressed' After Beatles Split
- See Radiohead Play 'Creep' Live For First Time in Seven Years
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party
- BMX Icon Dave Mirra Had CTE, Doctors Say