Guitar Hero is set to go all Rock Band, as the mega-popular video game is adding drums and vocals for the upcoming Guitar Hero: World Tour. The game's new guitar will feature a touch pad that allows note sliding, and the ax will larger, nearly replicating the size of an actual guitar. The drum kit is more sophisticated than the existing Rock Band model — the drums are wider in diameter, touch sensitive (so hitting harder produces a louder note) and include dual adjustable cymbals. Van Halen, Linkin Park and the Foo Fighters are among the initial artists that will have playable songs. Plus, players will be able to make their own music tracks (without vocals) by starting with premade bass or drum loops, then using the various instruments to play with tempo, pitch and sustaining notes. For more details on the characters and the Music Creator feature, check out IGN's preview.
"Guitar Hero" Sequel Adds New Guitar, Drums and Vocals
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- 100 Greatest Guitarists