It's official. Sources tell Rock Daily that the Grateful Dead will play a fundraiser for Barack Obama on October 13 at Penn State. The band, including Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh and Mickey Hart, are planning to rehearse next week to prep for the show in one of the more hotly contested presidential swing states with Warren Haynes on lead guitar. Phil Lesh's son, an Obama volunteer, lined up the gig. "They are all totally committed to the show," said a friend of Jerry Garcia.
Grateful Dead to Play Another Show for Barack Obama
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- How Legendary Tattoo Artist Jonathan Shaw Became the Next Bukowski
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Hear Alternate Version of Rolling Stones' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 18
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Gary Clark Jr. Previews 'Dope' New Album
- The Force Awakens: 'Star Wars' Superfan Chris Conley Goes to the NFL Draft