Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn — the duo behind Gorillaz — have created an animated clip promoting the BBC's coverage of the Beijing Summer Olympics. The video draws heavily from the duo's most recent collaboration, the opera Monkey: Journey to the West, based on a classic Chinese novel. The video itself doesn't seem very Olympic-y until the Monkey character uses a spear to both pole vault and javelin. Visually, these guys are a lot easier to look at than the Gorillaz's Murdoc, and the music of the opera sounds like Steve Reich composing over an android orchestra. Plus, it's much better than those Morgan Freeman-narrated Visa commercials we're getting over here to promote the Olympics. Take a look at the full video here.
Gorillaz Duo Use "Monkey" to Promote BBC Olympics Coverage
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Derek Zoolander Can't Grasp Movie Title in Hilarious 'Zoolander 2' Teaser
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Paul McCartney Perform 'Get Back' With Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard