Death Magnetic is finally here, and so is the Metallica cover of Rolling Stone. Pick up the new issue today to find out what it took to make their heaviest record in decades, plus how they continue to deal with ego clashes and the fallout of Some Kind of Monster's group therapy sessions. Check out the feature below, and also take a look at the online-exclusive interviews with each of the bandmembers.
But first, click above for a behind the scenes look at James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo at their Rolling Stone cover shoot at their home base, where Ulrich admits, "It's a good summer to be Metallica."
• Louder, Faster, Stronger: How Metallica Conquered Bad Habits, Group Therapy and Ego Clashes to Make Their Heaviest Record Ever
• Photo Gallery: Three Decades of Metallica
• James Hetfield: "There's More Dedication From the Four of Us Than Ever Before"
• Lars Ulrich: "If We Don't Get Along, Everything Else Is Irrelevant"
• Kirk Hammett: "I Was Ready To Start Working On a Solo Album"
• Robert Trujillo: "It's Like You're Caught Inside a Massive Set of Waves"
To read the new issue of Rolling Stone online, plus the entire RS archive: Click Here
POLITICS No Price Big Banks Can't Fix
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus