Glen Campbell heard songwriter John Hartford's original version of "Gentle on My Mind" playing on the radio and fell in love with this song about memories of a lost love. As is often the case with songwriters, Hartford’s inspiration came from an unusual source: the film Dr. Zhivago. "I know watching the movie gave me a feeling that caused me to start writing, but as far as saying it came from that, I don't know. It just came from experience,” he said. “While I was writing it, if I had any idea that it was going to be a hit, it probably would have come out differently and it wouldn't have been a hit. The song came real fast, in about 15 minutes. It was a blaze, a blur."
Gentle on My Mind
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Dr. Dre's 'Detox': A Timeline of Hip-Hop's Great Unfinished Album