It turns out that when the members of Weezer struck up a friendship with Ric Ocasek (who produced their self-titled debut album), they also hit it off with the Cars frontman's supermodel wife, Paulina Porizkova — the proof being this song by this Weezer offshoot group. As Ocasek explained, "I found out later that [the Rentals' Matt Sharp] had written that song about my wife. I thought the song was OK, although I thought it was a bit silly. The truth was that Rivers [Cuomo] and P were actually the ones that got along really well."
Friends of P
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO