Slaraffenklang is a Danish big band made up of two great art-pop, etc. groups, Slaraffenland and Efterklang. After sharing bills in the U.S. last year as the Danish Dynamite Tour, they delivered the real thing in a one-time supercombo performance at home last fall. Four songs from that show are available as a free-download EP at the Leaf Label's MySpace page. I've been entranced by both bands separately. Together, they're like an entangled Animal Collective and Arcade Fire, with much more fire in the engine room.
Fricke's Picks: Slaraffenklang, Two Great Danes
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Inside U2's 'Innocence' Spectacle: A Backstage Q&A With Bono and Edge
- Thanks Dave: The Genius of Letterman's 'Late Show' Goodbye
- Bill Wyman Returns Solo After 33 Years: 'I Thought, What the Hell'
- Flashback: See Dolly Parton's Heavenly Collaboration on 'Sweetest Gift'
- 6 Craziest Things We Saw Inside 'Red Nose Day'