A recent night in Brooklyn with the shout-along choruses and good-time-gang charge of hardy Britpop survivors the Kaiser Chiefs put me in a long-term glam-rock mood – not the elfin T. Rex-and-eyeliner bop, but the rougher-fuzz stuff, from the Seventies onward, with a hint of pub brawl under the shiny vocal hooks. The four Kaiser Chiefs songs in this dance party were all in that live show, a vigorous preview of the band's fabulous, new mouthful, Education, Education, Education & War (ATO), out in the U.S. on April 1st. There are some detours here, across decades and the Atlantic, but everything rocks with spit, snarl and sparkle.
Fricke's Picks Radio: Working Man's Glam With the Kaiser Chiefs
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- British Indie Band Viola Beach Killed in Car Accident
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- Watch Kanye West Debut 'Pablo' Tracks, Rap Battle on 'SNL'