This installment of Fricke's Picks Radio is the psychedelic afterburn of a night with Flaming Lips, Tame Impala and the Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger at New York's Terminal 5 on October 2nd. Yoko Ono sang with the Lips and her son, Saber Tooth singer-guitarist Sean Lennon, paid heavy homage to George Harrison in a cover of "Long, Long, Long" treated like "I Want You (She's so Heavy)." It's not on record, so you get Jim James doing the Harrison song instead. Three nights earlier at Town Hall, during an all-star folk revue celebrating the Coen Brothers film, Inside Llewyn Davis, Joan Baez performed her 1962 adaption of Anne Bredon's"Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You," a recording that inspired Led Zeppelin's treatment as well as Quicksilver Messenger Service's great variation, taken here from a typical night at the Fillmore.
Fricke's Picks Radio: Tripping With the Flaming Lips and Tame Impala
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- Watch Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Album Livestream
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Watch OK Go Defy Gravity in 'Upside Down & Inside Out' Video