This installment of Fricke's Picks Radio is the psychedelic afterburn of a night with Flaming Lips, Tame Impala and the Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger at New York's Terminal 5 on October 2nd. Yoko Ono sang with the Lips and her son, Saber Tooth singer-guitarist Sean Lennon, paid heavy homage to George Harrison in a cover of "Long, Long, Long" treated like "I Want You (She's so Heavy)." It's not on record, so you get Jim James doing the Harrison song instead. Three nights earlier at Town Hall, during an all-star folk revue celebrating the Coen Brothers film, Inside Llewyn Davis, Joan Baez performed her 1962 adaption of Anne Bredon's"Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You," a recording that inspired Led Zeppelin's treatment as well as Quicksilver Messenger Service's great variation, taken here from a typical night at the Fillmore.
Fricke's Picks Radio: Tripping With the Flaming Lips and Tame Impala
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- The Secret Life of Transgender Rocker Tom Gabel
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Taking Child to Pink Concert Not Bad Parenting, Says Judge