You need a turntable to hear what Boris, the Tokyo superfuzz trio, mean by "heavy" and "hits" on Japanese Heavy Rock Hits (Southern Lord), a series of three seven-inch singles, each with its own subtitle. "8" is a side of high-speed savagery and one of guitar scuzz and bubblegum mantra. The industrial crunch across both halves of "H.M.A. — Heavy Metal Addict" will be solace to those mourning the live retirement of Nine Inch Nails. "16:47:52" is simply schizo: a bare-strum ballad and a full wall of drone and vocal sigh. No hits then. But lots of heavy.
Fricke's Picks: Boris on 45
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Anti-Beyonce Protesters Planning Rally Outside NFL Offices
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute