Los Angeles pop-punkers Roll the Tanks wrote their latest single, "Goodnight Jimmy Lee," on the day garage-rock hero Jay Reatard died last year. "The song pays tribute to his greatness but also speaks of my own shortcomings seen through his eyes," says frontman Danny Carney. "We had written and recorded it before he even reached the morgue. He would have appreciated that, hopefully." The single is in stores now, but you can download the track for free here.
Free Download: Roll the Tanks Pay Tribute to Jay Reatard
Listen to the band's new single, 'Goodnight Jimmy Lee'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- Watch Metallica Perform the National Anthem at San Francisco Giants Game
- Preview the David Letterman Primetime Farewell Special
- See Grateful Dead Jam on 'Sugaree' in 1989 Unreleased Video
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Scarlett Johansson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Guardians of the Greenery: Inside the Marijuana Security Business