Dublin-based singer-songwriter James Vincent McMorrow released his debut Early in the Morning earlier this year, and is currently on an American tour to support the album. "This record was borne out of my desire to create something singular, take the simplest of chords, wrap them in washes of melody, so lines come in, they drop out, everything ebbs and flows as the songs move towards their inevitable end," McMorrow tells Rolling Stone about his cheerful and upbeat track, "Sparrow and the Wolf." "I don't sit down with an agenda when I write, I usually have a first line, and a vague sense in my head of where I'm going, but no real solid structure." Although Early in the Morning is in stores now, you can download "Sparrow and the Wolf" for free here.
Free Download: James Vincent McMorrow's Cheerful Track 'Sparrow and the Wolf'
Get a song from the Irish singer-songwriter's debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Offers First Look at the Vision
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'