A Champaign County Coroner ruled that the death of former Wilco member Jay Bennett was caused by an accidental overdose of pain killer fentanyl, the Chicago Tribute reports. As Rock Daily previously reported, Bennett was found unresponsive in his home in Urbana, Illinois, on May 24th. Prior to his death, Bennett wrote on his MySpace page that he suffered a serious hip injury and that because he lacked health insurance, he was unable to have a necessary operation. Bennett, who left Wilco in 2001 after feuding with Jeff Tweedy during the recording of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (as documented in the film I Am Trying To Break Your Heart), sued his former bandmates in early May, claiming he was owed royalties from his tenure in the band. Bennett was 45.
Former Wilco Member Jay Bennett Died Of Accidental Overdose
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Men's JournalThe Controversial True Story Behind 'American Sniper'
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Mic12 Stunning Photos Offer a Rare Look Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'
- Marijuana Officially Legal in Washington, D.C. (For Now)
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- Watch Christina Aguilera Imitate Britney Spears, Shakira on ‘Jimmy Fallon’
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- The Strokes, 'Is This It' (2001)