Linda S. Stein, a New York City real estate agent who helped foster the careers of punk pioneers the Ramones as their co-manager, is dead at sixty-two. Stein was found bludgeoned to death in her Fifth Avenue apartment and police have ruled the death a homicide. As the wife of Sire Records head Seymour Stein in the Seventies, Stein helped the Ramones secure a series of landmark concerts in Britain. She was also heavily entrenched in the music scene at the time, as her husband's label had artists like Talking Heads, Madonna and the B-52's on its roster. Elton John considered Stein a dear friend for nearly four decades, saying in a statement yesterday, "I'm absolutely shocked and upset. She's been a friend for over thirty-seven years and will be greatly missed." Though the Steins divorced in late Seventies, Linda enjoyed an incredibly successful second career as a real estate broker, selling properties to some of the biggest names in all industries and serving as the model for the character portrayed by Sylvia Miles in Wall Street. Stein is survived by two daughters and a granddaughter.
Former Ramones Co-Manager Linda S. Stein Found Murdered In New York
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- WTF Happened in the New Hampshire Primary, Explained
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere