Linda S. Stein, a New York City real estate agent who helped foster the careers of punk pioneers the Ramones as their co-manager, is dead at sixty-two. Stein was found bludgeoned to death in her Fifth Avenue apartment and police have ruled the death a homicide. As the wife of Sire Records head Seymour Stein in the Seventies, Stein helped the Ramones secure a series of landmark concerts in Britain. She was also heavily entrenched in the music scene at the time, as her husband's label had artists like Talking Heads, Madonna and the B-52's on its roster. Elton John considered Stein a dear friend for nearly four decades, saying in a statement yesterday, "I'm absolutely shocked and upset. She's been a friend for over thirty-seven years and will be greatly missed." Though the Steins divorced in late Seventies, Linda enjoyed an incredibly successful second career as a real estate broker, selling properties to some of the biggest names in all industries and serving as the model for the character portrayed by Sylvia Miles in Wall Street. Stein is survived by two daughters and a granddaughter.
Former Ramones Co-Manager Linda S. Stein Found Murdered In New York
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Flashback: Watch Two Cut Scenes From 'Shawshank Redemption'
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- The 10 Wildest Rap Beefs of All Time
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Dr. Dre's 'Detox': A Timeline of Hip-Hop's Great Unfinished Album
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free