Screenwriter Dean Pitchford's movie Footloose — and, hence, the title song — was inspired by a newspaper article about Elmore City, Oklahoma, which had just lifted its 80-year ban on dancing. Paramount Pictures wanted Kelly Loggins to do the title track, but he had just broken a rib after falling off a stage in Utah. So he co-wrote this with Pitchford while on painkillers. "Each day he would come to my room with a guitar," Pitchford said, "and he was still taped up, with gauze and tape around his midriff while his rib was healing."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Suge Knight Sought by Police in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize