Screenwriter Dean Pitchford's movie Footloose — and, hence, the title song — was inspired by a newspaper article about Elmore City, Oklahoma, which had just lifted its 80-year ban on dancing. Paramount Pictures wanted Kelly Loggins to do the title track, but he had just broken a rib after falling off a stage in Utah. So he co-wrote this with Pitchford while on painkillers. "Each day he would come to my room with a guitar," Pitchford said, "and he was still taped up, with gauze and tape around his midriff while his rib was healing."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Green Day Thank Vans, Fans, Rock & Roll at Hall of Fame: Read the Speech
- Read Miley Cyrus' Badass Hall of Fame Speech for Joan Jett
- Yoko Ono: Ringo Starr 'Was the Most Influential Beatle'
- Joan Jett Delivers Blistering Rock Hall Set With Dave Grohl, Miley Cyrus
- Read Fall Out Boy's Loving Green Day Tribute at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Read Patti Smith's Poignant Lou Reed Rock Hall Induction
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'