Contrary to popular belief, churning out a double album isn't easy, the Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne tells the BBC's 6 Music blog. Nailing down a track list has been hard, he says, "Because we want to go in so many strange directions and sometimes we're unfocused and sometimes we're just so wishy-washy." The two-disc set is due in September, and though song names and a track order have yet to be determined, Coyne is ready to wrap up the follow-up to 2006's At War With The Mystics: "I think it must be like being a cook in the kitchen you're preparing this great thing but by the time it's ready you're sick of it because you've been smelling it, you've got it in your hair and in your fingers and all that." Of course, a two-disc set isn't the most ambitious project the Lips have tackled: in 1997 they released Zaireeka, four albums meant to be played simultaneously. The Lips most recently recorded a cover of Madonna's "Borderline" and had "Do You Realize???" named Oklahoma's official rock song.
Flaming Lips' Double Album "Embryonic" Due in the Fall
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- Inside the Replacements' Disastrous 'Saturday Night Live' Debut
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: 'It Broke All the Rules'
- Kanye West Drops Non-'Pablo' Song '30 Hours,' Adds to Album Track List
- Watch Henry Rollins Recall Terrifying Acid Trip Nightmare
- 15 Great Grammy Tribute Performances