Contrary to popular belief, churning out a double album isn't easy, the Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne tells the BBC's 6 Music blog. Nailing down a track list has been hard, he says, "Because we want to go in so many strange directions and sometimes we're unfocused and sometimes we're just so wishy-washy." The two-disc set is due in September, and though song names and a track order have yet to be determined, Coyne is ready to wrap up the follow-up to 2006's At War With The Mystics: "I think it must be like being a cook in the kitchen you're preparing this great thing but by the time it's ready you're sick of it because you've been smelling it, you've got it in your hair and in your fingers and all that." Of course, a two-disc set isn't the most ambitious project the Lips have tackled: in 1997 they released Zaireeka, four albums meant to be played simultaneously. The Lips most recently recorded a cover of Madonna's "Borderline" and had "Do You Realize???" named Oklahoma's official rock song.
Flaming Lips' Double Album "Embryonic" Due in the Fall
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Real People Screwed By 'True-Story' Movies Based On Them
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died At Age 27
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Cracked6 On-Set Arguments That Almost Derailed Classic Films
- Radiohead Release Stunning 'Daydreaming' Video Ahead of New Album
- Why America Can't Quit the Drug War
- Dean Ween Remembers Prince: 'He Was My John Lennon'
- Watch AC/DC Prepare for Tour With Guns N' Roses Singer Axl Rose
- 'Captain America: Civil War': A Who's-Who-in-the-MCU Guide
- Prince in the Nineties: An Oral History
- Gwen Stefani Enlists George Clooney, Julia Roberts for 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Hear Justin Timberlake's Sunny New Song 'Can't Stop the Feeling'