We were excited to discover today that one of our favorite shows of pre-Rock of Love-era VH1, Pop-Up Video, had resurfaced online, allowing us to watch the storied series while we're at work. (Editor's note: Well, we would never watch it at work, but other people might find it an enjoyable way to kill time.) Pop-Up Video bubbled with so much in-depth, unnecessary trivia, it made our Almost-Impossible Rock & Roll Quiz seem like a third-grade math test. Now, we can revisit all the stories behind a-ha's "Take On Me" (the single only sold 300 copies when it was first released!) and Janet Jackson's "Runaway" (she never traveled anywhere, it was all blue screen!) -- and enjoy that satisfying pre-TiVo pop sound effect. While we were a little bummed by VH1's failure to post any videos recorded after Bill Clinton was in the White House thus far (we did, however, enjoy the Billy Joel, Culture Club and Toni Braxton clips that are among the forty-seven currently available) and some slow buffering time, we're happy to welcome Pop-Up Video back into our lives.
Fact: Pop-Up Video Pops Up Online
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO