An explosion at the U.K. music festival Camp Bestival last Thursday has left two attendees hospitalized with severe burns.
According to a BBC report, a giant fireball was viewed near a campsite at the Lulworth Castle grounds. The explosion demolished one tent and burned another, and firefighters responded with extinguishers and buckets of water. The cause of the blast hasn't been officially confirmed, but firefighters think the origin was "a gas leak from a cooking stove cylinder."
One of the burn victims, a woman, faces injuries described by ambulance crews as "life-changing." While she was air-lifted to a hospital in Bristol, the other victim, a male, was taken to Dorchester's Dorset County Hospital.
Steve Underhill of the Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has praised the heroism of the firefighters: "Their actions were invaluable," he said. Meanwhile, a Camp Bestival official wished "a speedy recovery" to the victims while issuing this statement:
"Following this incident further safety messages and briefings have been put into place to reinforce fire safety practices."