In a shift away from the rock and blues sounds that normally soundtrack the Louisiana-based show, True Blood music supervisor Gary Calamar confirms to Rolling Stone that this Sunday's episode will feature Taylor Swift's "Haunted."
Calamar declined to reveal which scene the string-heavy track from Swift's Speak Now will play under, but described it as "a racy, sexy scene" and asked which character we thought would be most likely to listen to Swift. "After last week's episode, Jessica and Jason," we replied. "I'm going to leave it right there," Calamar said, adding it was the episode's writer who came up with the idea to use Swift's song. After Swift's camp initially refused to allow it, the singer came forward and said she wanted it to happen.
As for the rest of the season, the last episode's title – and, as per the True Blood format, also the track that will play over the closing credits – is titled "And When I Die." "That might be a hint that one of our characters is in trouble," Calamar says. "Vampires don't really die, so I'll say it's not a vampire. They won't face the true death. But some of our main characters do run into a little bad luck in the final episode."
• 'True Blood' Recap: Bill and Marnie Try to Negotiate Peace
• Video: Deborah Ann Woll Reveals 'True Blood' Secrets at Sexy Photo Shoot
• The Season of the Witch: 'True Blood' Delves Into Magic and Past Lives in Season Four
• The Kinky Beasts of 'True Blood'
• 'True Blood': Key Moments of the First Three Seasons
• The Joy of Vampire Sex: The Schlocky, Sensual Secrets Behind the Success of 'True Blood'
• Peter Travers on the Best and Worst Vampires on Film and TV