New Orleans legend Dr. John – a.k.a. Mac Rebennack – teamed up with the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach to record his latest album, Locked Down. "Watching him come up with parts was just so awesome. Mac is fearless," says Auerbach, who produced the set. "Like that Farfisa solo on ‘Revolution' – that’s a first-take solo. He just goes for it, man. He told me he hadn’t played a Farfisa organ since 1969 when he was with Doug Sahm, and he killed it." Locked Down won't be in stores until April 3rd, but you can stream "Revolution" today.
Exclusive Stream: Dr. John Teams With Black Keys' Dan Auerbach for 'Revolution'
Preview a cut from the album 'Locked Down'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass
- Please Don't Call Ronda Rousey Fat
- See August Burns Red's 'Ghosts' Video Featuring A Day to Remember Singer
- 10 Things We Learned From Elvis Costello's Brilliant New Memoir
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny