"Ray Charles," the first single from the hip-hop duo Chiddy Bang's debut album, Breakfast, is named after the legendary soul singer, but it was actually inspired by a member of Chiddy's family. "The song actually started out as a joke when my brother, Cheeseburger Don, got so high he fell asleep in the studio with his sunglasses on," says Chiddy. "I looked over and he reminded me of Ray Charles, probably because I was high, too. I started freestyling about him and we laid it down right there." You can stream the tune in the video clip below, and buy the single from iTunes.
Exclusive Stream: Chiddy Bang's Soul Homage 'Ray Charles'
Preview a song from the duo's debut album, 'Breakfast'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A
- Summer Movie Preview 2015: Superheroes, Strippers and Gangsta Rappers
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Skate and Destroy
- Floyd Mayweather's American Dream