"Ray Charles," the first single from the hip-hop duo Chiddy Bang's debut album, Breakfast, is named after the legendary soul singer, but it was actually inspired by a member of Chiddy's family. "The song actually started out as a joke when my brother, Cheeseburger Don, got so high he fell asleep in the studio with his sunglasses on," says Chiddy. "I looked over and he reminded me of Ray Charles, probably because I was high, too. I started freestyling about him and we laid it down right there." You can stream the tune in the video clip below, and buy the single from iTunes.
Exclusive Stream: Chiddy Bang's Soul Homage 'Ray Charles'
Preview a song from the duo's debut album, 'Breakfast'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Cracked5 Wildly Inappropriate Relationships In Movies
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- Watch John Oliver Explain Broken U.S. Mental Health System
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- Inside Michael Jackson’s Iconic First Moonwalk Onstage
- John Fogerty on New Memoir and Why He Sort of Likes Donald Trump
- Watch Jewel Duet With Dave Grohl on 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season Finale Recap: Bite Me