"Ray Charles," the first single from the hip-hop duo Chiddy Bang's debut album, Breakfast, is named after the legendary soul singer, but it was actually inspired by a member of Chiddy's family. "The song actually started out as a joke when my brother, Cheeseburger Don, got so high he fell asleep in the studio with his sunglasses on," says Chiddy. "I looked over and he reminded me of Ray Charles, probably because I was high, too. I started freestyling about him and we laid it down right there." You can stream the tune in the video clip below, and buy the single from iTunes.
Exclusive Stream: Chiddy Bang's Soul Homage 'Ray Charles'
Preview a song from the duo's debut album, 'Breakfast'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Flashback: Watch Two Cut Scenes From 'Shawshank Redemption'
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- Dr. Dre's 'Detox': A Timeline of Hip-Hop's Great Unfinished Album
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Game of Thrones' Will Have Eighth Season, Promises HBO Exec