"Ray Charles," the first single from the hip-hop duo Chiddy Bang's debut album, Breakfast, is named after the legendary soul singer, but it was actually inspired by a member of Chiddy's family. "The song actually started out as a joke when my brother, Cheeseburger Don, got so high he fell asleep in the studio with his sunglasses on," says Chiddy. "I looked over and he reminded me of Ray Charles, probably because I was high, too. I started freestyling about him and we laid it down right there." You can stream the tune in the video clip below, and buy the single from iTunes.
Exclusive Stream: Chiddy Bang's Soul Homage 'Ray Charles'
Preview a song from the duo's debut album, 'Breakfast'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Captain America Fight Iron Man in First 'Civil War' Trailer
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- 10 Things We Learned From Carly Simon's Revealing New Memoir
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments