Nashville-based newcomers Mona are named after frontman Nick Brown's grandma, which makes a bit of sense: the band plays a kind of classic rave-up rock & roll that would be familiar to rockabilly cats and kitties of the Fifties. Yet their full sound and turbo-charged energy situates them squarely in the present day. They're already stars in the U.K., and they were singled out as faces to watch at last year's MTV Awards. The band's self-titled debut album gets its U.S. release on Tuesday, but you can preview the track "I Seen" here.
Exclusive: Mona's Rave-Up 'I Seen'
Listen to a cut from Nashville rock & roll band's new album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- See Prince Proteges the Family Pay Tribute With New 'Nothing Compares 2 U'
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- Watch Kenny Chesney's Chaotic 'Noise' Video