The Jimi Hendrix vaults are seemingly endless. Posthumous releases have flooded the market ever since the guitar legend died in 1970, and yet 41 years later amazing stuff continues to surface. This month the rarities collection Soul Southern Delta is hitting shelves, alongside a new DVD of Hendrix and the Band of Gypsy's Live At The Fillmore East. For Record Store Day tomorrow, Sony Legacy is releasing a vinyl single containing an alternate version of "Fire" with the previously unreleased 1967 song "Touch You." The CD version will have another 1967 track, "Cat Talking to Me" – which you can exclusively stream here. The Jimi Hendrix Experience cut the song in June of '67 at London's Olympic Studios. Twenty years later Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell added additional bass and drum parts.
Exclusive Listen: Rare Jimi Hendrix Track 'Cat Talking To Me'
The song is available on the Hendrix Record Store Day release, on shelves tomorrow
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Watch Stevie Wonder, Tori Kelly, Janelle Monae's Emotional Prince Tributes at BET Awards
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener