"Winter," the first single from the Chicago quartet Maps & Atlases' second album Beware and Be Grateful finds the band merging tuneful songcraft with tight, dense rhythms. "The initial inspiration to write the song 'Winter' came on a freezing cold evening during the Chicago winter," says frontman Dave Davison. "The song contrasts memory and the perspective of winter as a season of possibility and creativity with the bleak, stillness of winter nights in the Midwest." The album won't hit stores until April 17th, but you can download the track for free here.
Exclusive Download: Maps and Atlases' Tight, Snappy 'Winter'
Preview a cut from the Chicago band's second album 'Beware and Be Grateful'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Movies That Made Huge Stars Quit Acting Forever
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes (Where Nobody Has Sex)
- Jimmy Butler on Singing for Taylor Swift and Winning in Chicago
- Watch Stephen Colbert Interview Eminem on Public Access Show
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Appearance at Brian Wilson Concert
- Kim Kardashian Gets Real: 11 Revelations From the New Cover Story
- 5 Essential Rolling Stones Bootlegs
- Watch the Scene From Grateful Dead's First 'Fare Thee Well' Show
- 5SOS's Ashton Irwin Reveals His Favorite Instagram Accounts
- Genius' Top-Ranked Kanye Expert: Kim Kardashian Is Changing His Music