"Class Clown Spots a UFO," the title track from Guided By Voices' latest album, has been in the works for years. The earliest version of the tune, called "Crocker's Favorite Song," was penned by Robert Pollard back in the late Eighties, and another version ended up on the cutting room floor when the band made their 1994 classic Bee Thousand. Alternate recordings with the newer title appeared on three different GBV compilations. When the mid-Nineties lineup of the band reunited, they revised and re-recorded the song, which now has a polish and harmonic complexity lacking in earlier renditions. The song will be released as a 7-inch single on May 15th and the album Class Clown Spots a UFO will hit stores on June 12th, but you can download the song for free here.
Exclusive Download: Guided By Voices' New, Improved 'Class Clown Spots a UFO'
Listen to a reworked oldie from reunited band's latest album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill, Brings Out Kanye, Pharrell at OVO Festival Set
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh: The Big Ten's Big Two
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time