"Class Clown Spots a UFO," the title track from Guided By Voices' latest album, has been in the works for years. The earliest version of the tune, called "Crocker's Favorite Song," was penned by Robert Pollard back in the late Eighties, and another version ended up on the cutting room floor when the band made their 1994 classic Bee Thousand. Alternate recordings with the newer title appeared on three different GBV compilations. When the mid-Nineties lineup of the band reunited, they revised and re-recorded the song, which now has a polish and harmonic complexity lacking in earlier renditions. The song will be released as a 7-inch single on May 15th and the album Class Clown Spots a UFO will hit stores on June 12th, but you can download the song for free here.
Exclusive Download: Guided By Voices' New, Improved 'Class Clown Spots a UFO'
Listen to a reworked oldie from reunited band's latest album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Alabama Shakes Bring New 'Sound & Color' Tracks to 'SNL'
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Two Shot at T.I. and Jeezy Concert in North Carolina