"Class Clown Spots a UFO," the title track from Guided By Voices' latest album, has been in the works for years. The earliest version of the tune, called "Crocker's Favorite Song," was penned by Robert Pollard back in the late Eighties, and another version ended up on the cutting room floor when the band made their 1994 classic Bee Thousand. Alternate recordings with the newer title appeared on three different GBV compilations. When the mid-Nineties lineup of the band reunited, they revised and re-recorded the song, which now has a polish and harmonic complexity lacking in earlier renditions. The song will be released as a 7-inch single on May 15th and the album Class Clown Spots a UFO will hit stores on June 12th, but you can download the song for free here.
Exclusive Download: Guided By Voices' New, Improved 'Class Clown Spots a UFO'
Listen to a reworked oldie from reunited band's latest album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Watch System of a Down's First Ever Armenian Show
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set