San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
Men's Journal10 Sex Positions That Will Get Her Off Every Time
Cracked22 Movies That Made Huge Mistakes You Completely Missed
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
Cracked5 Movies That Made Huge Stars Quit Acting Forever
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
- Read Kanye West's Blunt, Poignant VMA Video Vanguard Award Speech
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- MTV VMAs 2015's 20 Best and Worst Moments
- Watch Nicki Minaj Blast Miley Cyrus During VMA Acceptance Speech
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Miley Cyrus Slams Nicki Minaj Over VMAs Snub Reaction
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here