San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Rolling Stones Kick Off 'Zip Code' Tour With Rock-Solid San Diego Show
- Read Previously Unknown George Harrison Letter From 1966
- Art Garfunkel Lashes Out at Paul Simon in New Interview
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Director Cary Fukunaga Exits Stephen King's 'It' Adaptation
- Watch Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl Perform 'I Saw Her Standing There'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Smells Like Team Spirit