San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- Watch GZA, Tom Morello Bring Hip-Hop Anthem to 'Fallon'
- See Aimee Osbourne Live Out Nightmare in New Video