San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- Ranking the Super Bowl 50 Movie Trailers
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Feel Bad for Cam Newton, Even If You Hate Him
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote