San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- Suge Knight Arrested for Murder After Hit-and-Run
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' After 31-Year Absence
- Hear Kanye West, Drake and Big Sean Team Up for 'Blessings'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- While Deflategate and Chaitgate Rage, America Quietly Robs Its Elderly
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases