San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily BeastThe Hottest Movies at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
MicWhy The Grammys Will Never Represent Real Music
MicThe Best Hip-Hop of 2014 Came From A Very Unlikely Place
Men's Journal10 Health Benefits of Being in a Relationship
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Divides Hollywood
- Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Rihanna Team Up for 'FourFiveSeconds'
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Watch Korn and Slipknot Cover Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' in London
- Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore 'Mutually Decided to End Their Marriage'
- Cicada: Solving the Web's Deepest Mystery
- Noel Gallagher on Oasis Reunion: 'It Would Only Be for the Money'
- Flashback: Neil Young Covers 'Sweet Home Alabama' in 1977
- Tangerine Dream Founder Edgar Froese Dead at 70