San Francisco-based Extra Classic was looking to create an authentically Jamaican-sounding album, so they recorded their debut, Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam, all-analog on 8-track tapes. Their latest track, the Discomix version of "You Can't Bring Me Down," blends lo-fi sounds with singer Adrienne Verhoeven's rich and soulful voice. While the track has a marked Jamaican influence, Verhoeven explains to Rolling Stone, "We wrote the song on a trip in the jungle of southern Mexico. We stumbled and fell coming down from some ruins, and when we woke up, we wrote the song immediately." Your Light Like White Lightning, Your Light Like a Laser Beam will be released on September 27th, but you can download "You Can't Bring Me Down" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Extra Classic's Lo-Fi Track 'You Can't Bring Me Down'
Get a song from the band's Jamaican-inspired debut
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Ted Cruz Will Die So That You May Live
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the GOP Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump
- Watch Kenny Chesney's Chaotic 'Noise' Video
- See Prince Proteges the Family Pay Tribute With New 'Nothing Compares 2 U'