Diamond Rugs is a new band featuring familiar faces from other notable bands – John McCauley and Robbie Crowell of Deer Tick, Ian Saint Pé of the Black Lips, Hardy Morris of Dead Confederate, Steve Berlin of Los Lobos and Bryan Dufresne of Six Finger Satellite. "Country Mile," a highlight from their debut LP, was penned by Morris in the final days of recording the album. "It's about a friend of mine who has been bound to a wheelchair his whole life, but is an extraordinary dude and has definitely 'stood up' to more than most people," says Morris. "It's supposed to sound both painful and pretty." Diamond Rugs will be in stores on April 24th, but you can download "Country Mile" for free here today.
Exclusive Download; Diamond Rugs' Pretty, Painful 'Country Mile'
Preview a song by new band featuring members of Deer Tick, Dead Confederate and the Black Lips
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'