Riding on the buzz from spending the past year opening for bands like Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Yuck and White Rabbits, New York-based Caveman is finally set to digitally release their debut album, CoCo Beware, later this month (the physical album will hit stores in November.) Their latest track, "My Room," is marked by a prominent, building drumbeat, which the band explains was inspired by drum circles in Brooklyn's Prospect Park. "We got a few dudes in the room at the same time, and we got everyone to play different drum parts. Basically a drum circle," singer Matt Iwanusa explains to Rolling Stone. "Doing all those drums live together really provided a good energy for the rest of the song." CoCo Beware will be available digitally on September 13th, but you can download "My Room" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Caveman's New Track 'My Room'
Get a song from the New York band's debut album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Anti-Beyonce Protesters Planning Rally Outside NFL Offices
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic