Riding on the buzz from spending the past year opening for bands like Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Yuck and White Rabbits, New York-based Caveman is finally set to digitally release their debut album, CoCo Beware, later this month (the physical album will hit stores in November.) Their latest track, "My Room," is marked by a prominent, building drumbeat, which the band explains was inspired by drum circles in Brooklyn's Prospect Park. "We got a few dudes in the room at the same time, and we got everyone to play different drum parts. Basically a drum circle," singer Matt Iwanusa explains to Rolling Stone. "Doing all those drums live together really provided a good energy for the rest of the song." CoCo Beware will be available digitally on September 13th, but you can download "My Room" for free here.
Exclusive Download: Caveman's New Track 'My Room'
Get a song from the New York band's debut album
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- See August Burns Red's 'Ghosts' Video Featuring A Day to Remember Singer
- Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, the Weeknd Top AMA Nominations
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bob Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited' Album Cover
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny