Canadian-born, Brooklyn-based singer Ana Egge was inspired to write the songs on her latest album Bad Blood while dealing with family members struggling with mental illness. "Hole in Your Halo," one of the record's best cuts, was penned after visiting a family member in jail, and her subsequent struggle to make sense of their self-destructive impulses. It's harrowing, emotionally devastating stuff, but the production by Steve Earle brings out the delicate beauty in Egge's arrangements, as well as the fragile, mournful quality of her voice. Bad Blood will be available in stores tomorrow, but you can download the track for free here.
Exclusive Download: Ana Egge's Mournful, Gorgeous 'Hole in Your Halo'
Preview a track from her new Steve Earle-produced album 'Bad Blood'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery
- Dr. Dre Details Long-Awaited 'Compton: A Soundtrack'
- 'Kids': The Oral History of the Most Controversial Film of the Nineties