Canadian-born, Brooklyn-based singer Ana Egge was inspired to write the songs on her latest album Bad Blood while dealing with family members struggling with mental illness. "Hole in Your Halo," one of the record's best cuts, was penned after visiting a family member in jail, and her subsequent struggle to make sense of their self-destructive impulses. It's harrowing, emotionally devastating stuff, but the production by Steve Earle brings out the delicate beauty in Egge's arrangements, as well as the fragile, mournful quality of her voice. Bad Blood will be available in stores tomorrow, but you can download the track for free here.
Exclusive Download: Ana Egge's Mournful, Gorgeous 'Hole in Your Halo'
Preview a track from her new Steve Earle-produced album 'Bad Blood'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Charged With Third-Degree Murder
- 10 Craziest Beefs in MTV VMA History
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Watch Nicki Minaj Blast Miley Cyrus During VMA Acceptance Speech
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard Releases New LP as Thunderbitch
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Lana Del Rey: Vamp of Constant Sorrow
- 100 Greatest Country Songs of All Time