Canadian-born, Brooklyn-based singer Ana Egge was inspired to write the songs on her latest album Bad Blood while dealing with family members struggling with mental illness. "Hole in Your Halo," one of the record's best cuts, was penned after visiting a family member in jail, and her subsequent struggle to make sense of their self-destructive impulses. It's harrowing, emotionally devastating stuff, but the production by Steve Earle brings out the delicate beauty in Egge's arrangements, as well as the fragile, mournful quality of her voice. Bad Blood will be available in stores tomorrow, but you can download the track for free here.
Exclusive Download: Ana Egge's Mournful, Gorgeous 'Hole in Your Halo'
Preview a track from her new Steve Earle-produced album 'Bad Blood'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
MicRihanna Just Dropped a New Track With Kanye West
Men's Journal5 Benefits of Dating the Old-Fashioned Way
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- 5 Ways the WWE Can Rescue Roman Reigns
- 'Fantastic Four' Prepare for Future in New Trailer
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Blink-182's Tom DeLonge Defends Himself Against Bandmates' Accusations
- Taylor Swift's Twitter, Instagram Hacked
- Watch Stevie Nicks Perform a Serene, Solo 'Blue Water'
- Lance Armstrong Talks Trash in RATM Offshoot Future User's 'Mountain Lion' Video