Canadian-born, Brooklyn-based singer Ana Egge was inspired to write the songs on her latest album Bad Blood while dealing with family members struggling with mental illness. "Hole in Your Halo," one of the record's best cuts, was penned after visiting a family member in jail, and her subsequent struggle to make sense of their self-destructive impulses. It's harrowing, emotionally devastating stuff, but the production by Steve Earle brings out the delicate beauty in Egge's arrangements, as well as the fragile, mournful quality of her voice. Bad Blood will be available in stores tomorrow, but you can download the track for free here.
Exclusive Download: Ana Egge's Mournful, Gorgeous 'Hole in Your Halo'
Preview a track from her new Steve Earle-produced album 'Bad Blood'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Bill O'Reilly: Why Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders 'Are the Same Guy'