The early candidates included Kate Bush, Annie Lennox and Lisa Stansfield. But, ultimately, two artists competed for the opportunity to write lyrics for Maid Marian's song in the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Peter Cetera and Bryan Adams. "In all honesty, Cetera's was too pretty," said Michael Kamen, the film's composer. "I write sweet melodies, and sometimes they need someone to deliver them with enough authority to make sure that you don't fall asleep." Adams, who hadn't released an album in four years, won thanks to his rough voice and heart-tugging lyrics about Marian and Robin's romance.
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Men's JournalThe Controversial True Story Behind 'American Sniper'
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Mic12 Stunning Photos Offer a Rare Look Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Marijuana Officially Legal in Washington, D.C. (For Now)
- Robin Williams' Daughter: 'There’s No Point Questioning' Suicide
- U2's Last Word on 'Innocence' iTunes Release
- Kanye West: 'Meeting Paul McCartney Was Like Meeting Ralph Lauren'
- Crude Awakening: How the Keystone Veto Dashes Canada's 'Superpower' Dreams
- NXT, Where the Women Work
- Aerosmith Talk 45 Years of 'Kicking Ass' Onstage