The early candidates included Kate Bush, Annie Lennox and Lisa Stansfield. But, ultimately, two artists competed for the opportunity to write lyrics for Maid Marian's song in the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Peter Cetera and Bryan Adams. "In all honesty, Cetera's was too pretty," said Michael Kamen, the film's composer. "I write sweet melodies, and sometimes they need someone to deliver them with enough authority to make sure that you don't fall asleep." Adams, who hadn't released an album in four years, won thanks to his rough voice and heart-tugging lyrics about Marian and Robin's romance.
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Duff McKagan Dissects 'How to Be a Man': Inside the Gritty New Ballad and Book
- AC/DC's Phil Rudd Breaks Silence on Criminal Charges: 'We All Make Mistakes'