The early candidates included Kate Bush, Annie Lennox and Lisa Stansfield. But, ultimately, two artists competed for the opportunity to write lyrics for Maid Marian's song in the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Peter Cetera and Bryan Adams. "In all honesty, Cetera's was too pretty," said Michael Kamen, the film's composer. "I write sweet melodies, and sometimes they need someone to deliver them with enough authority to make sure that you don't fall asleep." Adams, who hadn't released an album in four years, won thanks to his rough voice and heart-tugging lyrics about Marian and Robin's romance.
(Everything I Do) I Do It for You
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Hear Leonard Cohen Cover George Jones' 'Choices' at a Stunning Soundcheck
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology