Art Alexakis and Everclear will likely face a controversy of Fox News-ian proportions with their brand new song, "Jesus Was A Democrat." "I bet you think of him, as a nice clean long haired republican," Alexakis sings. "Nah, he would be all locked up in Guantanamo Bay, if he were alive today." Alexakis was inspired to pen the song as far back as the 1988 elections, as "the Right Wing made people believe that 'Liberals' were anti-American, anti-God and anti-family values. However, if you read Jesus' words, he sounded like a liberal." The band premiered the song during their performance at the Grammy's Rock the Conventions show in Denver during the Democratic rallies. The song is now available as a free download at the band's site. While the song may not top the charts, there's no doubt Obama has a lock on the all-important bloc of Everclear votes. "I think it's imperative that we elect Barack Obama. His election will be a message to the whole world that in today's America anyone can achieve their dreams, regardless of race, gender or economic strata," Alexakis said in a statement.
Everclear Offer Free Download of "Jesus Was A Democrat"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Five Trailer: Snakes, Revenge, Beards
- Screw the Super Bowl: The Big Lies of the Big Game
- Hear Kanye West, Drake and Big Sean Team Up for 'Blessings'
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' After 31-Year Absence
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- The Australian Open: Serena Williams' Red Wedding
- Hear Rising Rock Weirdos Krill's Bizarre New Song 'Tiger'