Art Alexakis and Everclear will likely face a controversy of Fox News-ian proportions with their brand new song, "Jesus Was A Democrat." "I bet you think of him, as a nice clean long haired republican," Alexakis sings. "Nah, he would be all locked up in Guantanamo Bay, if he were alive today." Alexakis was inspired to pen the song as far back as the 1988 elections, as "the Right Wing made people believe that 'Liberals' were anti-American, anti-God and anti-family values. However, if you read Jesus' words, he sounded like a liberal." The band premiered the song during their performance at the Grammy's Rock the Conventions show in Denver during the Democratic rallies. The song is now available as a free download at the band's site. While the song may not top the charts, there's no doubt Obama has a lock on the all-important bloc of Everclear votes. "I think it's imperative that we elect Barack Obama. His election will be a message to the whole world that in today's America anyone can achieve their dreams, regardless of race, gender or economic strata," Alexakis said in a statement.
Everclear Offer Free Download of "Jesus Was A Democrat"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- Watch Adele Perform 'Someone Like You' at Glastonbury
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed