Art Alexakis and Everclear will likely face a controversy of Fox News-ian proportions with their brand new song, "Jesus Was A Democrat." "I bet you think of him, as a nice clean long haired republican," Alexakis sings. "Nah, he would be all locked up in Guantanamo Bay, if he were alive today." Alexakis was inspired to pen the song as far back as the 1988 elections, as "the Right Wing made people believe that 'Liberals' were anti-American, anti-God and anti-family values. However, if you read Jesus' words, he sounded like a liberal." The band premiered the song during their performance at the Grammy's Rock the Conventions show in Denver during the Democratic rallies. The song is now available as a free download at the band's site. While the song may not top the charts, there's no doubt Obama has a lock on the all-important bloc of Everclear votes. "I think it's imperative that we elect Barack Obama. His election will be a message to the whole world that in today's America anyone can achieve their dreams, regardless of race, gender or economic strata," Alexakis said in a statement.
Everclear Offer Free Download of "Jesus Was A Democrat"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Duff McKagan Dissects 'How to Be a Man': Inside the Gritty New Ballad and Book
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man