Former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has spoken out about his absence from the Van Halen reunion tour (he and onetime VH frontman Sammy Hagar will instead tour with their band, the Other Half). "It's not that I'm not touring with Van Halen because I'm going out with Sammy," Anthony wrote on his blog. I'm going out with Sammy because I was not invited to do the VH tour. Sammy told me that if I was asked to be part of the VH tour and decided to do it, it would be totally cool, and it would not tarnish our friendship in the least!! Well it's not to be, and life goes on. I'll still be out there with Sam, and I can't wait to do some partying with all of you." Anthony went on to say that he bears no ill will toward Wolfgang Van Halen, who will be taking his place on bass, and encouraged fans to be nice to him. "Wolfgang is a great kid, so don't judge him too harshly. I'm sure he'll do just fine!!"
Dumped Van Halen Bassist Michael Anthony Takes the High Road
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- BET Awards 2016: 20 Best and Worst Moments
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6: Everything We Learned
- The Reaction to Brexit Is the Reason Brexit Happened
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Recap: Winter Is Here
- 'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
- John Oliver on Brexit Fallout: 'United Kingdom' Now Sounds 'Sarcastic'
- See Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar Baptize BET Awards With 'Freedom'
- 50 Cent Arrested for Profanity-Laced Concert in St. Kitts