The heat was definitely getting to Duffy. Midway through the Welsh songstress' Friday afternoon set at Lollapalooza, she had to dab her melting makeup with a towel. "I'm not used to this heat, Chicago," she said. But she didn't let what she called "Welsh melodrama" get in the way of a groovy performance that seemed to have a cooling effect on the crowd. Dressed in a sexy sailor outfit, Duffy wrapped her soulful, feathery voice around blues-soaked tunes like "Syrup and Honey." She even dropped in a rocksteady cover of Solomon Burke's "Cry to Me." "I don't normally do covers, but it's a festival, so fuck it," she joked. It was an excellent attitude to adopt as a way to kick off a long and rocking weekend.
Duffy Burns Through the Blues During Lollapalooza Afternoon
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Met Gala 2016: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj and More
- What Should We Make of the Hillary Clinton Indictment Speculation?
- How Six Classic Rock Legends United for One Mega Festival
- What Jon Snow's Return Means for 'Game of Thrones'
- Questlove Recalls How Jimmy Fallon Won Over the Roots
- Summer Movie Preview 2016: Attack of the Blockbuster Clones
- How Ryan Adams Saved His Career With 'Heartbreaker'